i may have found a new anime to watch (so long as they keep uploading the episodes to youtube lol)! not that i need to be wasting my time with it but whatever. it's called Black Butler (i know, bad name lol). i found it cuz i kept seeing ads for it. it's set in victorian london and is about this kid who's parents are killed so he makes a deal with a demon (who poses as his butler) to protect him and when he finally gets revenge on his parents' killers, the demon butler gets his soul...or something like that. it's a little more elaborate than that. i watched the first two episodes and it was pretty good. very...gory. like, people get shot in the head and stuff o_O but the main characters, Ciel (the kid) and Sebastian (the butler) are pretty. gotta love them bishonen!
So the guy I had coffee with the other night sent me a FB message, first saying we should hang out. That's fine, whatever. Then he said, and I quote, "stop me if I'm out of line but I think we should consider going out sometime. Or maybe playing a real game of scrabble etc etc." (we were playing a scrabble app over wifi). What the fuck am I supposed to say to that?? Yeah sure, we can go out. AS FRIENDS. Ugh. I hate dealing with this shit.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.
I went to starbucks earlier with my sister whom I was supposed to play cards with but she bailed on me to go to a friends house. Lame. Having my computer with me, I tweeted it cuz I was bored. This guy I used to work with saw and wondered if he could join me. I said sure. But omg was it ever awkward. Mostly because I think that was the first time I'd ever had an actual conversation with him. Literally all of our convos have been online. Anything said to each other during work was mostly one word sentences, or work related questions. So yeah, it was weird. But there were two things I got out of it: 1) the fact that he's gained weight since I last saw him sort of made me happy cuz then I don't look as fat lol. 2) he fixed a couple things on my computer, like changing my iTunes settings so my iPod doesn't back up for 5 hours everytime it's plugged in. And getting skype to stop starting whenever I turn the computer on. So yeah. Now I get to go to sleep and wake up so I can go to work and bag on the only day that's supposed to be cold this week. GREAT.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd's mosaic maker: http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Your favorite place?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. Where do you want to be right now?
11. Favorite word?
12. What do you love most in life?
13. Who do you love most in life?
14. One Word to describe you.
15. Your greatest dream.
16. Your favorite childhood story.
last night i started typing up a list called "500 must read books" from a giant book i got at Borders a while back. i got to about...three hundred something before i went to bed. then i realized just now that the list isn't that great, and i haven't read as many as i thought (lol). most of the books are non-fiction and while i have nothing against non-fiction, it's just not something i read all the time. there's another book entitled "1001 books you must read before you die." the list (or what i think is the correct list) is on a website. i'm not going to type it up, mostly cuz it's from the 2006 edition, and there's a 2010 edition that i want to get but it's too expensive right now (will wait till it's in paperback.) so here is the list of ones i've read from the 2006 list. just cuz i'm bored.
1. never let me go - kazuo ishiguro <---no i didn't read this because of the movie. i read this waaay before the movie. yay me =]
2. choke - by chuck palahniuk <---the author of Fight Club. my sister made me read it. she loves him. i would recommend all of his works.
3. memoirs of a geisha - arthur golden <----i let my friend borrow this. years ago. still don't have it back.
4. the beautiful room is empty - edmund white <---this is the sequel to 'a boy's own story'. sadly i haven't been able to find the 3rd book, 'the farewell symphony.'
5. a boy's own story - edmund white
6. interview with the vampire - anne rice <---darren inspired me to read this. and 'the vampire lestat.' both of which are amazing, and have slashy undertones.
7. a clockwork orange - anthony burgess <---this is probably the hardest book i've ever read. you'll know why if you've read it, or try to read it. this was also borrowed to my friend, and i don't have this back either. *grumbles*
8. to kill a mockingbird - harper lee <---ok, so i read this in high school. it still counts ^_~
9. lord of the flies - william golding <----also read in school. but this was one i actually enjoyed.
10. the catcher in the rye - j.d. salinger
11. of mice and men - john steinbeck
12. brave new world - aldous huxley <---i'm actually in the middle of reading this.
13. the picture of dorian gray - oscar wilde <---also inspired by darren. also has slashy undertones.
14. adventures of huckleberry finn - mark twain
15. through the looking glass and what alice found there - lewis carroll
16. alice's adventures in wonderland - lewis carroll
17. candide, or optimism - voltaire
18. aesop's fables - aesop
there were a couple i thought should've been on this list, like I Am Legend, De Profundis, The Illiad (which i didn't read but was supposed to lol). but i still don't know if the list is legit, or if it's just books people have added themselves. whatever the case, i've completed 1% of the list (lol). now i just need to figure out what to read after Brave New World.
so i just finished watching Inception...8 hours ago (lol) and i'm so freakin confused! *spoilers* i'm not talking about whether the last scene was a dream or not, i don't care about that. i'm confused about why the ending and the beginning were the same. why is Cobb in Saito's dream/limbo in the opening scene, then again before they wake up on the plane? it doesn't make any sense! someone explain please!
so on another note, the weather here is ridiculous. luckily i was off today and again tomorrow. but most of st. louis was pretty much shut down. my work actually closed early. that never happens! (they're open 24 hours). i can't wait to clean my car off tomorrow D= but at least it will give me something to do! i was so bored all freaking day! and to top it off, both of my parents were here. my mom didn't go into work, and my dad (who works for FedEx) came home at like 9 and woke me up way earlier than i wanted to be. i was so bored today, that my mom and i actually took the dog for a 5 minute walk at 7:30 in 20 degree weather in like a foot of snow...actually i dunno how many inches it was lol.
omg so i'm super worried for Australia right now =( Brisbane is going to be hit with a level 5 cyclone that hasn't been experienced there since...well a really long time ago. and Darren's poor family lives there. Poor Brisbane! first it was the floods, now it's cyclones. that's what's bad about australia - any kind of bad weather, and they're the first to experience it, and the ones who get it the worst. anyway, i hope everything ends up ok!